How to Apply for JEE Main 2018, Step by Step Form Filling Procedure
JEE Main Application Form 2018 will be released from 1st December 2017. JEE Main 2018 is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi. Through this exam, candidates can get admission into various UG engineering seats offered by the all IITs and NITs across the country. In this article, we have compiled the detailed application procedure to facilitate the candidates so that they may come to know that how to apply for JEE Main 2018.
The online registration for JEE Main 2018 will be started from 1st December 2017. Candidates will fill the application through online mode from the official site. No hard copy of the application form will be entertained. Candidates will be able to fill the application form till 1st January 2018. Aadhaar Card is compulsory to fill the application form. Candidates also have to book slot for the online mode exam while filling up the application form.
The entire application process have only three steps:
- STEP 1 – Application Form
- STEP 2 – Upload Image
- STEP 3 – Fee Payment
Get latest news & updates of JEE Main 2018 through SMS or e-mail, by entering your details below:
STEP – 1.1: Visit Official Website
- Log on to the official site of JEE Main 2018
- Click on the link for apply for JEE Main 2018.
STEP – 1.2: Read Instructions
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Click on the check box and proceed to apply online. [see image below]
STEP – 1.3: Fill the Authentication Form
- Fill the Nationality, State of Eligibility, State, Identification No. (Aadhaar details), D.O.B, Gender, security pin (case-sensitive) and submit the button. [see image below]
STEP – 1.4: Fill JEE Main Application Details
Exam Related Details: Fill the exam detail like applying for, mode of examination, exam center and exam medium.
Personal Details: Fill the personal details like name, father/mother name, state of eligibility, category, DOB, nationality, gender and place of residence.
Academic Details: Fill the fields for academic details like year of passing, school board etc.
Mailing Address Details: Fill the mailing details including address, mail ID and contact No.
Guardians Details: Fill the qualification, occupation and annual income of guardians.
Choose Password: create password, enter security pin and click on the “NEXT” button. [see image below]
STEP – 1.5: Review Page
You will be redirected to this review page. You may change your details by press the “edit credential” button or may go to the “final submit” button
STEP – 2.1: Prepare Scanned Images
This step will contain the procedure to upload the images (candidate signature, parents signature & photograph and other required stuff. Before filling the application form, one need to collect the class 10th mark-sheet and following information/stuff to complete this step:
- Photograph should be passport size with name and date of taking photograph.
- Photograph should be colored or b/w with clear background (prefer white/blue background).
- It should be a scanned image in jpg or jpeg format.
- Spectacles are allowed.
- Polaroid photos are not acceptable.
- The size should be 3.5 x 4.5 cm (width x height).
- File size should be more than 4 kb and less than 40 kb.
- Photograph should be clear (without blur or smudge).
- Signature should be done by the candidates only as it may be checked any time frequently.
- Signature will be accepted on white page only.
- Take the white sheet and mark the box size of 3.5 x 1.5 cm.
- Sign inside the box.
- Scanned image in jpeg/jpg format.
- Crop only box area.
- Save in file size in not less than 1 kb and not more than 30 kb.
STEP – 2.2: Upload Images
- Click on the button for ‘UPLOAD SCANNED IMAGES‘.
- Upload the photo and signature one by one.
- Click on the preview button and change if found not OK.
- Make final upload and go to the next step.
STEP – 3: Fee Payment
Here we are discussing that how to remit the application fee:
- Click on the link of ‘Pay Exam Fee’.
- Select the mode of payment as via credit/debit card/paytm or via depositing fee in cash in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI bank through e-challan.
- In case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit cards, the candidate will need to pay an additional processing charge as following:
Credit Card: 1.20% of the examination fee plus GST as applicable.
Debit Card: 0.75% + GST for examination fee up to Rs. 2000 and 1% + GST for examination fee more than Rs. 2000.
Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances
After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the acknowledgment Page.
In case the acknowledgment page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and amount will be refunded to the candidate account with in a week and however the candidate has to make another transaction till the Acknowledgment Page is not generated.
In case of selecting challan, an e-Challan will be generated containing specific details of the candidate along with amount to be paid.
The candidate has to take a printout of the same and take it to the nearest branch of the selected bank for making payment.
After the confirmation of fee deposited from Bank/CBSE, the candidate will be able to print the Acknowledgment Page, by log in to their account again.
In case the Acknowledgment Page is not generated, the candidate should contact the concerned bank/branch to update his/her transaction.
iit jee online form fillup, how to fill up jee main advance from 2018, step by step procedure for jee main form, jee main online form started , jee main 2018 form registration